Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Review : Watery Essence; Bio Essence Gold Water VS SK-II Facial Treatment Essence

Hmm.. I think it's better for me to introduce first about what i am going to review today. As i promised last time, today i'm going to review about a kind of essence that has a texture likes "Water". As we know, now a days there are many kinds of essence with similar texture and function. BUT, do you know SK-II is the very very first treatment essence that was introduced in Asia? Here a bit about the history of SK-II. The signature product of SK-II is their "Facial Treatment Essence". In 1970s, the scientists of SK-II began a fervent quest to uncover a skincare ingredient that would make beautiful skin a reality. There was a chance encounter that the scientists observed the soft and youthful  hand of aged sake brewers. The scientists spent over a decade to isolate the single yeast strain that held the secret to crystal clear skin. Then the miracle was born, a beauty revolution soon come to be known as "Pitera". If you want to know more about the history of SK-II, you may go to their website for the details.

Then as the time flies, year by year as the technology is continuing improve, now a day there are already many products which are dupe of SK-II such as Loreal, IOPE, Innisfree, Hera, Estee Lauder, etc. I believe those of the products are good, it just depends on how our skin adapts. One of the products which i think similar to SK-II Facial Treatment Essence is "Bio Essence Gold Water". I don't know whether this is a dupe of SK-II or not, but it has watery texture also and the beauty adviser told me this is a kind of essence. So, i decided to give it a try compare to SK-II Facial Treatment Essence (FTE).

At the first i decided to try this Bio Gold Water because i just consider this product to replace SK-II FTE as the price is quite expensive. I have been using this Bio Gold Water on 28th September 2014. it contains 150 ml and now i still have a lot of it. Let's see about the ingredients and the packaging.




This Bio Gold Water also promises us to achieve 6 aspects in order to have a perfect skin. I use it both day and night. I like the texture and the smell. it smells very good and it can be used in a very long time so can help us in saving money i think (Hoho..). I think the packaging and bottle also very gorgeous. It costs me $38.5. You can get it at Watsons, Sasa, or other shop. The Bio Gold Water isn't really watery. it absorbs very fast to my skin. The essence also contains so many gold flakes that claims can give us a glow skin.


Talk about function, honestly i really can't notice any different effect. I just feel comfortable on it but i really don't know how it works on my skin because i notice nothing. 1. Fine Pores? I'm not sure, 2. Firm & Supple? Maybe, 3. Wrinkle Defy? I don't think so, 4. Sebum Balanced? I think Yes, 5. Energized? Perhaps, 6. Luminous Radiance? Yes, because it contains Gold Flake!!
That's about my opinion toward this 6 aspects from the product.

Then how about SK-II FTE comparing to this Bio Gold Water??

At the first i tried the FTE was on 21st September 2014 (I got the sample 300 ml and it's just finished in 1 week). At the first try, honestly i felt nothing but notice a bit improve in fading my spot if together use with the serum whitening spot. But after 1 week, i didn't repurchase as i consider Bio Gold Water to replace it. 2 Months past and it was near Christmas day, SK-II got promotion X'mas set with their limited edition product, while at that time my husband went to Japan for training then i  decided to ask my husband buy for me.


I bought the FTE 215 ml and got some free items, the Lotion (people can call it as toner), cleansing gel (for make up), and the cleansing foam

I super duper hyper love the flower pattern bottle!!!!! OMG, i'm so in love with it. I was so excited having this!!! I'm not sure about the ingredients inside, but what i'm sure is this FTE contains high Pitera which is full of vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and amino acids that work together to allow skin's natural surface rejuvenation process to function at its prime. You can also browse tha details information about SK-II that they claims it contains high Pitera and a kind of sake fermentation.

Most of people says that SK-II FTE smells very very bad, and yeah i agree. My husband told me the smells is very bad (he smells mine) even though he doesn't use. BUT you must know, if you don't care about the smell, the FTE is really good! Somebody says it makes them break out, so am i. but it's really just the beginning, if you continue use that, you won't break out anymore, but please be patient. it needs time to adapts with your skin. you will also use to it with the smell. My cousin told me it needed 1 month for her to adapts this FTE, and for me, maybe around 1 week.

Talk about the result, it really improves my skin texture. I feel my skin glower, smoother, brighter, firmer and supple. Really, i'm love with it. I don't know whether it really makes our skin like crystal or not, but my friends around me who use this has a nice skin. I also feel myself, just the con is the price is very expensive. As the price is very expensive, it makes me not really bear to use it and very careful when i pour it!Hahaha... Even just waste a dot, for me is wasting money a lot! Broken heart aaa.. >.<.

Overall, BIO Gold Water i give 2.5 star from 5 star
SK-II FTE 4.5 star from 5 star as it contains paraben which i don't like.

Oh one more thing i think you need to know is most of us know paraben is a kind of chemical and many cosmetics and skin care contains it. The question is, is it dangerous or bad for our skin? I have browsed several days ago and i got as long as the paraben isn't overdose, the product is still safe to be used. Paraben also has many kinds, so we have to select very carefully our daily skincare okay ^^

Last, BIO Gold Water repurchase? I think NO.
SK-II FTE repurchase? Absolutely YES

That's all and thanks for reading my blog ^^


9 comments:

  1. Great review. I have the gold water and it's so so yes. I will buy the SkII FTE definitely, as my Estée Lauder Micro Essence is running out (I am torn between SkII and Missha though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi just check if FTE really helps in fading your pigmentation spots?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just yesterday I bought the Bio-essence 24K gold water, and was wondering how to use it. The lady in Watsons said it is like Serum so do I use it in place of a moisturiser?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This type of message always inspiring and I prefer to read quality content, so happy to find good place to many here in the post, the writing is just great, thanks for the post. http://theluxehouse.com/treatments/best-facial-treatment-singapore/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bio-essence is constantly improving their products with new ingredients. You can find their full range at great prices here: http://rafflesbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thanks for all of your time & work. Jewelry Application

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello!,I love your writing very much! proportion we be in contact extra approximately your post on AOL? I require an expert on this area to solve my problem. Maybe that is you! Looking ahead to peer you.
    24k gold serum islamabad

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well explained about the products to use for our skin care. 24k Gold Serum removes fine lines and wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete