Saturday, May 18, 2013

Review: My New Product Purchased, Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect First Serum

Hai..!! It's time for me to write a blog again! I think you know what will i write now from the title. Yes!! I'm going to give you a review about the new product which i just purchased yesterday. It's one of the products from Skinfood (Black Sugar Line). Do you know the product of Skinfood? it's one of the products which popular in Korea, including Asia. Actually i was thinking to purchase the other product's brand such as etude house, the face shop, innisfree, etc. But since my supplier (Sitiiii, sorry for mentioned your name =P) introduced me this new product (just launched in March 2013) and she got many reviews that told her this product was quite good, then i choose to give a try. 

First of all, i would like to let you know about the ingredients of this product:
Water, Black Sugar Extract, Alcohol, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Niacinamide, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Stem Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (witch Hazel) Extract, Lepidium Meyenii Root Extract, Sarcodon Aspratus Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Lactobacillus/Aspergillus/Prunus Mume Fruit Ferment Filtrate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Arginine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycolid Acid, Salicylic Acid, Adenosine, Disodium Edta, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Caramel, Parfum. 

When you purchase this, they will give you free cotton pad to use. It's its packaging. Simple, but nice =D


As you seen, there is alcohol and parfum in this product. Honestly, I don't really like the product which contains of the ingredients from Alcohol and Parfum as i don't know whether the ingredients are good for skin or not. Most of the the other ingredients are not familiar for me.

The cotton pad which provided by this product is quite unique as it has 2 side with different pattern. The Wipe side and the Pat side. This is the first serum from Black Sugar Line (as i know) which provides exfoliating, brightening, wrinkle-smoothing and hydrating benefits  in a single formula. My supplier told me that it's all in one. It can be used as Toner and Moisturizer also. 


I like the model of the bottle, but you must aware as it's not plastic so can be broken easily.
How to use :
-Clean your face with your cleansing foam
-Use the cotton (WIPE) to wipe gently the dead skin cells and impurities
-Use the cotton (PAT) to pat gently the serum on face

The texture of this serum is same as toner commonly. When i applied it on my face, i feel so fresh and the smell is quite good. you can also smell the black sugar fragrance. 

I got a cute sample of 1 set Etude House mask from Siti, thank you Siti..!!! =D
At the first, i thought Siti gave me a set of cute moisturizer. Fortunately i didn't use it as my moisturizer as i didn't bear to use them.. (they're so cute!!!). I usually will directly use something new, can't wait to use new product, but for that cute packaging, honestly i feel i didn't bear to use them >.<. Maybe i will try them one by one when i'm abroad with my boy or my family =D. 

Okay then, back to the product. Even Siti told me this can be used as moisturizer, but actually i don't think it can be used as moisturizer. In my opinion, it's not moist enough. I will apply my dearest Hada Labo SHA Hydrating Milk (it's also a good product! I have re-purchased it for 3 times!) mix with moisturizer from Etude House (as Hada Labo Milk doesn't contains of SPF, so i have to use other product which contains SPF). Except at night, i will just use this serum after clean my face and then sleep... Zzzzzz... 

As today is my second try for this product, so i can't give you an accurate conclusion or result about this product. I haven't found anything special yet, but i can say it's not bad. I feel it can give me a fresh skin, and i hope i will be suitable with this product (please be kind with me my "skinfood" =D). 

I think i will try the cleansing jelly foam from the black sugar line also for next time after i finish my cleansing foam. 

If you ask me, will i re-purchase this? i will give you an answer, Yes, maybe. But I'm not sure. 

Okay, that's all about my review for this product, hope can help you galz. Last, my suggestion, for those who are above 25 years old (as it has anti-wrinkle function), or has no any sensitive skin, if you dare.. you can try this..! Not Bad..! =D







4 comments:

  1. hi!..I hope you can suggest me where to buy it online since the retail price is a bit expensive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, what is the other moisturizer that you use from Etude House?

    ReplyDelete
  3. GorJessGrey : You're welcome friend, nice to know u!=D

    YuBi : Sorry for the late reply, i usually buy korea's product from my friend who also sell by online using blackberry's pin, but if you want to order via online, the reasonable price i think you can check and buy from q10 shop (but i forgot the website, maybe you can search in google website) =)

    Ustina : Hai Ustina, i ever used "moistfull collagen", and be clear mosturizer..all of them are very good. May i know what's your skin type?if u skin type is dry, then the moistfull one will be very suitable for you. Can use both in day and night. But if you are looking for the mosturizer with SPF, then be clear will be good as it functioning in whitening also. =)

    Thanks all for comment, hope can help you guys, have a nice day! :D

    ReplyDelete